Re: Windscreen Rebuilding and Rechroming

To: MotoPsyche@aol.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Windscreen Rebuilding and Rechroming
From: Tr3bob@aol.com
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 08:49:32 -0500
4.    What's the proper procedure for finishing off the ends of the lower
sealing rubber?  should they be cut before attaching the windscreen to the car,
or after?

As I recall, the lower sealing rubber is held in place by small plates screwed
into the stanchions and trimmed afterwards.

5.    What is used for "glazing" on the window?  Anyone have experience with
the product sold by Moss?

The glazing rubber I got from Moss was about 6 or 7 ft of 1/16 thick x 1-1/2"
or 2" wide black stretchy rubber. I folded this over the glass as I assembled
the windscreen frame.
This rubber needed to be compressed into the slots of the frame and was a major
pain to hold everything together while you attached the screws.
The excess rubber was then trimmed on bothe sides of the glass after assembly

5.     Lastly, what are the best sources of DIY information and/or pix for
this job?

no help here

Good luck

Bob Stahlbush, pres., British Motorcars of N.E. (bmcne.com)

66MGB GHN3L 78708
61TR3A TS81398L