Re: Windscreen Rebuilding and Rechroming

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Windscreen Rebuilding and Rechroming
From: MotoPsyche@aol.com
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 07:56:37 EST
In a message dated 01/16/2004 12:23:57 AM US Eastern Standard Time,
blambert@socal.rr.com writes:
<During my rebuild a few years ago I posed the same question to the list
<concerning finisher brackets, as my TR-3A (TS77028L) also did not have them.
What purpose is served by the finisher brackets?  Are they decorative?
Structural?  Functional?

What does "hang out there" mean for the top rubber seal?  Is it cut square
against the cross section just above the top of the tenon plate?

Many thanks to everyone for your help on this.  There are virtually no
published instructions or help guides available.

A question on rechroming:  There are some places on one stanchion where the
metal is "gouged" a bit around one of the smaller screw holes along the side.
Can this be filled or patched during the rechroming process, or should I look
for another stanchion?

Bill Stagg
1961 TR3A