Re: Extreme Conditions

To: Scott Tilton <stilton@protoprod.com>, "'ryoung@navcomtech.com'" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Subject: Re: Extreme Conditions
From: "Jack W. Drews" <vinttr4@geneseo.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 10:22:23 -0600
Cc: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
>   I love to hear stories.
>Come on folks .. let's hear some testimonies of High Speed and / or Long
>Duration trips in Triumphs.

We drove the TR6 from northern Illinois down to Tulsa a couple of years ago
to go to a regional VTR meet. We took twisty backroads on the way down -
great fun. On the return trip we were in a hurry to get home so we drove
the interstates mostly at 70 - 80 mph. Just as we crossed the city limit of
our home town, we lost one cylinder. Broken valve spring. Great timing.

Previoous trip to Florida in the middle of winter -- after driving for two
days and almost home, we had to make one last stop for gas. Of course by
then we were half deaf from the wind at high speed. After filling it up, I
started it up but I didn't think it caught, so I hit the starter again.
Oops - it was running -- I couldn't hear it because of my numb ears and
dumb head. That little incident dislodged the ring gear so badly that I had
to pull the trans and replace the ring gear.

uncle jack