Battery Box Replacement

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Battery Box Replacement
From: MJSUKEY@cs.com
Date: Mon, 02 Feb 2004 12:34:50 -0500
I have a GT6 that the DPO has done a patial resto on.  He did a nice job on the
body work and it has a beautifull paint job.  The problem is he should have
replace the battery tray when he did the body work and prior to painting but
chose not to.  I really do not want to screw up all that nice paint on the fire
all to replace the full box.  I am thinking about cutting the lower half of the
box in the car out, doing the same with the new box, and then mig welding the
bottom portion of the new box onto the top portion of the box remaining in the
car. Any opinions or tips?

Thanks,
Marty