TR4 backing plate position

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR4 backing plate position
From: McRuss <wtrrtw@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2004 19:11:41 -0800 (PST)
Why the heck is it that a question on how to bleed brakes (not actually rocket
science) can generate a dozen replies while my equally stupid question on where
the bleeder nipple goes (12:00 oclock vs 10:00) cant get a single rise?

Also, I cant deal with a 10 to 1 ratio of everything but TR4 to TR4 posts so I
go with Digest version.  Because of this, I cant reply to a post without the
reply going off to listland, never to be heard from again....or to be forwarded
by the listmaster, therefore making me look like I don't have a clue.

This is my last attempt at getting an answer from this list.

And in case you still don't know (or care) what I'm talking about, the rear
wheel brake backing plates on a TR4 look like they should go on with the
bleeder valve at the 10:00 position as seen from outboard.  But I dont recall
how they they were positioned (they've been off over a year.)  My shop manual
photo looks like the 10:00 position as well but all diagrams and common sense
says they should be at 12:00.

Russ Locke
TR4
San Antonio