re: TR4 backing plate position

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: re: TR4 backing plate position
From: CarlSereda@aol.com
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2004 17:54:23 EST
Russ,
>From my angle - looking at official factory repair manual pics - it looks
like bleeder nipple is very close to 8:00 position. I'd say nipple aligns very
close to third flange bolt (out of six) starting from top bolt and counting
toward rear of car. The cylinder body is more like 7:30 position. Alignment of
your parking brake cables should verify this position as correct.
Carl
'63 TR4 since '74  .. with brake backing plates off since '98..

what I'm talking about, the rear wheel brake backing plates on a TR4 look
like they should go on with the bleeder valve at the 10:00 position as seen
from
outboard.  But I don't recall how  were positioned (they've been off over a
year.)  My shop manual photo looks like the 10:00 position as well but all
diagrams and common sense says they should be at 12:00.