RE: Commission number reference for DOL

Subject: RE: Commission number reference for DOL
From: "Keith A. Bay" <kabay@wi.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2004 19:26:21 -0600
I was going to say that a search of the GT6 Registry (
http://www.teglerizer.com/InternationalGT6database/gt6search.htm ) for 1973
& US yields only cars with commission numbers starting KF20... so what makes
you think yours is a 1973? Is it a modified swing spring/non-rotoflex rear
end [I know not all 73's were such]? If it has a rotoflex rear it is either
a 71 or 72. You did not say how manu digits are in the commission number but
did say KF11... which I take to mean it has five. Therefore it could be a
1972. Otherwise if it is KF11.. (4 digits) it most likely is a 1971. Some
dealers were known to get cars in as one year and then sell them as the
following year if they were 'slow movers' (they hated to try to sell last
years model).

But I like George Hahn's idea better. Send in your commission number to
BMIHT and get the full(est as possible) story.

Keith A. Bay
Hartland, WI
'73 GT6 MkIII  #KF20729U

NASS - North American Spitfire (& GT6) Squadron, #92
VTOW - Vintage Triumphs of Wisconsin, Membership Committee