FWD, was blown head gasket (non LBC)

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: FWD, was blown head gasket (non LBC)
From: M D Nugent <carcentric@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2004 22:11:38 -0800 (PST)
Okay, (except for Ford) what's a GOOD front wheel drive engine/trans?

I'm looking for something with a 2.5 to 3.8 liter engine and automatic
transmission - old enough and common enough to be fairly inexpensive
when in good used condition.

Because I'd be moving the whole FWD subframe to the back seat area of
my 1950 Morris Minor (creating a mid-engine RWD roadster), the FWD
drivetrain would need to be fairly narrow (track in the 51"-56" range).

What I'm proposing is basically what GM did when they used the Chevy
Citation FWD subframe (sans steering) in the rear of the Pontiac Fiero.
 That's one of the drivetrains I'm considering, but I've heard they
have similar head gasket problems with the 2.8 liter V6.

M D "Doc" Nugent
Renton, WA

http://taxes.yahoo.com/filing.html