RE: FWD, was blown head gasket (non LBC)

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: FWD, was blown head gasket (non LBC)
From: "Randall Young" <Ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2004 22:41:29 -0800
> What I'm proposing is basically what GM did when they used the Chevy
> Citation FWD subframe (sans steering) in the rear of the Pontiac Fiero.
>  That's one of the drivetrains I'm considering, but I've heard they
> have similar head gasket problems with the 2.8 liter V6.

Hmmm, that's news to me.  My 2.8L small-journal V6 went over 250,000 miles
without ever having the heads off.  I worked it pretty hard too, including
towing trailers well over the car's rated towing capacity, over CA mountains
in summertime.  I'd always heard the crank was the weak spot, and in fact I
junked the car after the crank snapped.  The later large-journal engines
were supposed to be stronger.

Randall