RE: TR3A Headlights

To: <TRIUMPHS@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR3A Headlights
From: "Randall Young" <Ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 20:55:48 -0800
> Piggott claims that the USA bound TR3A / Bs were originally fitted with
> sealed beams

Had to be, was required by US law.

> so I would suggest installing a set of sealed beam halogen
> units.  My generator powered 4A has a set of halogens and I am
> well pleased
> with the light distance.

Try this sometime : on a completely dark (preferably deserted) road at 70mph
or so, pick out some land mark as it just comes into view (not a reflective
road sign but a normal object like a tree), and then try to stop before you
get to it.

Maybe someday I can show you my H4 headlights on a dark road ... I don't
think you'll still be pleased with the sealed beams !

Randall