RE: TR3A Headlights

Subject: RE: TR3A Headlights
From: "Randall Young" <Ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 07:23:40 -0800
Cc: <TRIUMPHS@autox.team.net>
> I have noticed a problem with the grounding of headlamps on the TR3A.
> To cure it I ran individual ground wires from each headlight to the
> mount for the radiator strut.

There is supposed to be an individual ground from each headlight to a clip
on the body, behind the horn mounts.  Sounds like this must have been
missing from your car.

>  I also had to install a halogen lamp in an
> emergency and it causes a much larger drain on my electrical system,

Quartz-halogen lamps are available in varying wattages, the high power ones
are certainly popular.  However the original "home market" bulbs drew 60
watts each on high beam, so the electrical system should have no trouble
with the 60 watt bulbs I recommended.

Randall