Your Triumph as a kitchen

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Your Triumph as a kitchen
From: "jonmac" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 00:26:58 -0000
Did you know your Triumph engine is an excellent kitchen? My 2000 was
receiving attention over the weekend where it's spent the winter in a
friend's garage. I'd more or less finished at lunchtime and had an
overwhelming urge for a can of soup. With nowhere to heat it as the friend
was away from home and I'd omitted to take a packed lunch with me, I
remembered a tip I'd seen in a UK club mag some years ago.
Needed to refuel the car and took it a 10 minute drive to the supermarket to
fill up and while there invested in a can of chicken broth. Knocked two
holes in the top with a screwdriver, placed it on the inlet manifold and
held it in place with some copper wire from my toolbox. Then did the return
10 minute journey back to the garage. Had a can opener in the toolbox as
well - and by the time I got back and switched off, the soup was perfect. No
spills, no nasty smells - and absolutely no bits of chicken in the throttle
interconnects. Made me wish I had an old Land Rover as the interwoven rad
grille up to the Series II makes an excellent barbie.
'Course, I could have had a meal in the supermarket cafeteria but why waste
energy - or money?

Jonmac

---