Re: Transmission Shift Lever Cap Removal

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Transmission Shift Lever Cap Removal
From: "Terry Smith" <terryrs@adelphia.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 17:05:39 -0500
Well, success, no exclamation point.  I used more heat, more Powerblaster,
more heat, and a big pipe wrench which I whacked on the end.  Oddly, and
thankfully, got the cap twisting and finally off without marking up the cap
too much.  [Yep, Fred, I took the bolt was out...I normally hate to take the
woosie way out, but was cramped for time...  :-)  ....].

I say no exclamation point only because that moment came earlier, about the
time I decided to start growing skin back on a knuckle.

Ah well.  It's Friday, was a day off, and when I get done coaching grades
4-6 in basketball fundamentals tonight at my youngest son's grammar school,
I'll grab a couple of Harpoon India Pale Ales to stimulate epidermal cell
growth!

Thanks for responding, everyone.

Terry Smith
'59 TR3A (Off the frame and in pieces....)