RE: tr3a clutch pedal stays on floor

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: tr3a clutch pedal stays on floor
From: "Randall Young" <Ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2004 07:31:30 -0800
> My TR3A clutch pedal has just begun to intermittently get stuck on the
> floor.
<snip>
> The external spring is intact on the slave...Is this problem more likely
> to be the internal return spring on the master or the slave cylinder?
> Or is it the actual pedal mechanism?

There is no internal spring on the slave.  The pedal should come up from the
floor due to just the force exerted by the springs inside the clutch
pressure plate ... the spring on the pedal and the spring on the slave are
just to return things the last little bit to 'home'.  So, I'm going to
suggest that your problem is hydraulic in nature.  If the fluid level in the
reservoir is not dropping, then the problem has to be in the MC; and quite
possibly could be broken springs inside it.  The 'return' spring inside the
TR3A MC is NLS, but Moss 582-065 will work.  The other internal spring is
part of the rebuild kit.

Randall