Re: tr3a clutch pedal stays on floor

To: <AVALON2455@aol.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: tr3a clutch pedal stays on floor
From: "Glenn Coughenour" <gecoughenour@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2004 21:45:44 -0500
"It fortunately is dielectric.......so I spray all replacement electrical
connections, lamps (or bulbs), etc. with it before reinstalling.........also
spray down engine electrical wiring, plugs, dist. wires etc. with it
occasionally......as it also dispels moisture......"

It is great for that.  A friend used to carry a can to use in his distributor
that had chronic moisture problems until he discovered it had a crack in the
casting and he replaced it.

"it really doesn't work well to loosen bolts, etc"

My experience also if the problem is corrosion.  If it's just paint, old road
grime, grease, or undercoater it's okay.

Quite frankly, I never understood how they sell so much of the stuff.  Its
advertising is fairly misleading, as we have commented it is not that good at
a lot of what it is promoted to do.  The graphics on the can are not that
good.  Reminds me of Andy Granatelli and STP.

Glenn C
1959 TR3A TS31684L [in total frame up restoration]
1960 TR3A TS64803L [driving, but needs work]