Re: TR2 Steering Box - Stuck rocker shaft

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: TR2 Steering Box - Stuck rocker shaft
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 08:20:21 -0600
Hi Dan -

No, don't turn the rocker shaft down.  You're right, it should fit smoothly.

Go to your local auto or farm parts store or Sears and buy a small
3-prong-style brake cylinder hone and some cutting oil (I personally
have used 3-in-1 household oil for this, but the real stuff might be
better).

Use the hone and your drill to enlarge the opening in the rocker
shaft bush gradually, testing the fit frequently.  Once it fits well
(you want it to slide in, no force required, but also no slop in the
fit) clean everything up well and enjoy one of your favorite
beverages.

HTH,
Dan