TR2 Steering Box - Stuck rocker shaft

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR2 Steering Box - Stuck rocker shaft
From: Dan Scharpf <dfscharpf@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 13:12:46 -0800 (PST)
Thanks for all the Bakelite tips. I now have that sorted out, but the
re-assembly of the  steering box on the TR2 has me stuck - literally. I
pressed in a new bush for the rocker shaft assembly, but now the fit
for the shaft is so tight that it will not turn. Should I continue to
drive this into place? I would think that since this is driven only by
the worm gear, that there is not a lot of torque that is genereated
from this and the fit should be very smooth and be able to rotate
freely.

Do I need to have the rocker shaft turned down?

Thanks,

Dan
54 TR2 TS3590L

The all-new My Yahoo! - Get yours free!