vandalism

To: "Triumphs" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: vandalism
From: "Bob Rochlin" <r_rochlin@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2004 20:22:26 -0500
Mike and Graham,
        I've got to say that after a long career working with young people
that I can extrapolate two things from most acts of vandalism such as have
been described:  The "perps" were probably under 20 and in all likelihood
had been drinking.  Second,  the reason your cars were picked out was that
they showed from their condition that they were "the apple of someone's
eye".  I've seen time and again that disaffected people are often cowards
who want to inflict pain on others with their acts of vandalism without
direct confrontation, and the best way to do that is to deface and destroy
those things that there victims really care about be it a car or a grave
marker. Given the choice of a Mercedes and a restored TR the vandals will go
for the TR  knowing  that the pain will be personal, not just an insurance
claim (and hoping to get to the Mercedes if time allows).
        Leaving a possession we love out on the street, as we all do at some
time, and trusting in the good will of our fellow man is a test of trust
indeed.

Bob Rochlin
'72 TR6