TR 6 Handbrake

To: "Triumphs" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: TR 6 Handbrake
From: "Gerald M Van Vlack" <jerryvv@alltel.net>
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2004 19:28:20 -0500
List, today there was a lot of list discussion regarding the handbrake on a
TR4A. Some of the discussion was that the Brake was near useless as it was too
hard to set with little leverage to apply it.

Funny, not a single TR6 owner spoke up. Is that then to say the handbrake on a
TR6 works so much better than a 4A? They appear to be of the same design.

Also, are the very latest TR6's equipped with a handle that ratchets in a
locking position while applied needing the button to be depressed all the
while during disengagement of the brake? More like the Honda's and others of
today that have console mounted handbrakes.

If so then maybe I'll convert to a TR6 system as soon as I can get a new
handle from my local bone yard.

JVV