Re: TR 6 Handbrake

To: "Triumphs" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>, "Gerald M Van Vlack" <jerryvv@alltel.net>
Subject: Re: TR 6 Handbrake
From: "levilevi" <levilevi@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2004 17:40:17 -0700
Gerald Van Vlack wrote:  are the very latest TR6's equipped with a handle that
ratchets in a
locking position while applied needing the button to be depressed all the
while during disengagement of the brake?

My TR6 has the handbrake as you described.  I've never had to use it in an
emergency thank God but it works well as a parking brake when adjusted
correctly.  I do two clicks and tighten the rear druns until they just barely
move by hand.   I have used it to stop the car just to see if it would and it
did but obviously not as fast as all four brakes can.

Bud Rolofson

71TR6 CC57365 (Good 6)
66TR4A CTC57806 (The Wreck-Almost Parts)
66TR4A CTC57529 (The Project)
71F-250 Camper Special (Triumph Support Vehicle)