Re: TR 6 Handbrake

To: Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: TR 6 Handbrake
From: ZoboHerald@aol.com
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2004 21:06:54 EST
In a message dated 12/6/2004 8:16:25 PM Eastern Standard Time,
tr3driver@comcast.net writes:

My Stag  has the same short lever used in the TR4A, and it's not difficult to
lock  the rear wheels (the first time) with a sharp yank.  Of course  the
details are a bit different, starting with the Stag being quite a  bit
heavier than a 4A but having bigger rear brakes to compensate, but I  still
think the result is similar.

=======
Same with an early Spitfire 4 with well-adjusted rear brakes: the handbrake
will retard forward progress very, very well. That's especially useful when,
upon using the footbrake, you hear the sickening sound of a worn wire wheel
spinning on a really worn hub (which is being stopped by a disc brake). Not
that  I've had any, er, recent personal experience along these, uh, lines....
;-)

--Andy  Mace

*Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?
*Man: Well, no ... It's not so  much of a jet, it's more your, er,
Triumph Herald engine with  wings.
-- Cut-price Airlines Sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus  (22)

Check out the North American Triumph Sports 6 (Vitesse 6)  and Triumph Herald
Database at its new URL: _http://triumph-herald.us_
(http://triumph-herald.us/)