RE: TR 6 Handbrake

Subject: RE: TR 6 Handbrake
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2004 17:14:10 -0800
Cc: "Triumphs" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
> My son's Honda Handbrake will skid the rear tires if applied
> quickly. That's
> what I'd like from the TR4A. It doesn't come close.

I've already written Jerry with this off-list, but I'm going to repeat it
here ... if your handbrake won't lock the rear wheels at speed then there is
something wrong.  In Jerry's case, I suspect his rear brake linings are
glazed or contaminated with fluif or grease.  Drums might be glazed as well.

My Stag has the same short lever used in the TR4A, and it's not difficult to
lock the rear wheels (the first time) with a sharp yank.  Of course the
details are a bit different, starting with the Stag being quite a bit
heavier than a 4A but having bigger rear brakes to compensate, but I still
think the result is similar.

Randall