Re: Exhaust recommendations

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Exhaust recommendations
From: oliver <sumton@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2005 04:32:35 -0800 (PST)
this was discussed previously.  check the archives.

istr that monzas were generally disliked for their too loud noise and high cost.

some felt the local shop w/custom muffler was fine

stainless is the best long term price/performance

Dave Speed <dspeed@4speeds.net> wrote:
Greetings:

Putting the old TR back in order and need the current wisdom. (Pulled the
body off the frame this morning.)

Which exhaust system? Stock engine. Stock manifold.

Monza / Steebro / Falcon / local 'custom'' w glasspack or ????

I guess I'm not wedded to stainless for this app. Would like a little
'buzz'. Want what performance I can reasonably get.

Comments appreciated.

Dave
1955TR-3

Mongo has too many irons in the fire. Mongo need fewer irons or larger fire.