Re: Exhaust recommendations

To: Dave Speed <dspeed@4speeds.net>, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Exhaust recommendations
From: "John A. Wise" <Wise@erau.edu>
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2005 09:11:49 -0700
At 22:53 -0700 14/1/05, Dave Speed wrote:
>Greetings:
>
>Putting the old TR back in order and need the current wisdom.
>(Pulled the body off the frame this morning.)
>
>Which exhaust system?  Stock engine.  Stock manifold.
>
>Monza / Steebro / Falcon / local 'custom'' w glasspack or ????
>
>I guess I'm not wedded to stainless for this app.  Would like a
>little 'buzz'.  Want what performance I can reasonably get.
>
>Comments appreciated.

One of the POs of my 60 TR3A installed a stainless system aft of the
header pipe.  To me it sounds good.

Not that there is a real big problem here in Phoenix with rust, but
it is one system that I figure I can forget about.  The only negative
I can think of is when I am under the car I get the urge to polish
it. ;-)

John

John A. Wise, Ph.D., CPE
5483 W Potter Dr