RE: tr2/3b seats and cushions

To: "Randy Homanchuk" <rhomer@porchlight.ca>,
Subject: RE: tr2/3b seats and cushions
From: "Scott Suhring" <suhringtr36@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2005 21:49:48 -0500
Randy:

I just reupholstered my TR3 seats using the kit from The Magic Carpet
Factory (TRF) and here are some of my thoughts to your questions:
1.  I have not seen anyone with the tilt seat used on the driver's side.
2.  There is no left or right side seat springs.  They are the same for both
sides.
3.  Can't comment on the difference in springs for the noted models, but I
would assume they are different or they would have the same part number.
4.  No difference in the right or left cushion covers or back rest covers.
5.  My early '59 (Jan build date) TR3 has the double piping.

I also added about another 1" of padding to the back and seat top to give a
bit more cushion and support.

Scott Suhring
Mechanicsburg, PA
'70 TR6