Two TR3A radiator questions

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Two TR3A radiator questions
From: "John A. Wise" <Wise@erau.edu>
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2005 11:25:38 -0700
Two issues this morning:

I have noticed that 5-10 minutes or so after driving I hear, what
sounds like a burp in the cooling system.  I checked this morning
after a drive & a burp, and I noticed a thin layer of foam on top.  I
have been using my "heater" on our 'chilly' Phoenix mornings (50F).
I am using a 165F thermostat & it is holding the temp right around to
165F, in this more english-like weather.  Suggestions?

I bought a TRF TR4 coolant overflow bottle, and I am planning to
install it immediately the right (passenger side) of the radiator,
attaching the bracket to the inner wheel well.  I have test fitted it
& it fits nicely.  My question  is how much will it matter how high
or low (relative to the filler neck) I mount it?  It would seem that
I should put it as high as possible to make the suck back in easier,
but does it really matter practically, given the short range of
possibilities??

Thanks in advance

John
John A. Wise, Ph.D., CPE