Re: Two TR3A radiator questions

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Two TR3A radiator questions
From: CarlSereda@aol.com
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2005 19:14:51 EST
Hi Alan,
Can't TR4s easily be made to draw radiator coolant back to the radiator from
the catch tank when engine cools off - rather than the bottle simply being
used as an overflow catcher?
I bought a NOS Stanpart TR4 spec'd radiator cap that has additional gasket to
seal the top of neck (rather than just metal-to-metal neck connection) as
well as the rubber seal for the inner filler hole plus a smaller built in
'return' valve.
I assumed I could have a good "closed" 'back-and-forth' system..
Wrong?
Regards,
Carl
'63 TR4 since '74

>> The TR4 coolant overflow bottle you bought is simply an overflow catch
tank.
That's all that were ever fitted to TR4s. You can mount it just about
anywhere
because the coolant won't be sucked back into the radiator. It's a one way
trip.
Alan Myers
San Jose, Calif.
AMfoto1@aol.com