RE: suspension problem

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RE: suspension problem
From: AMfoto1@aol.com
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 06:13:39 EST
Hi Al,

It could simply be a bad spring. If one goes soft, the car will droop on that
corner.

A bigger problem would be a tweaked frame, due to a hard hit in an accident
or getting a little too much "air" on those hilly streets in San Francisco.

My car tended to rub one of its overly wide tires when it had 14" x 7" mags
with an incorrect offset. Stuck to the fast corners like it was on rails,
though. It wasn't the width though, it was a shock tower that wasn't perfectly
aligned that caused the rub.

Look at the spring first, since it's the most likely problem. If those were
new springs, maybe you should talk to the vendor you bought them from, see if
they might replace them. Maybe they will tell you if they've been having
problems.

Alan Myers
San Jose, Calif.
AMfoto1@aol.com