Re: TR4 Daily Driver Question

To: TeriAnn Wakeman <twakeman@razzolink.com>,
Subject: Re: TR4 Daily Driver Question
From: Steven Newell <steven@newellboys.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 12:25:46 -0700
TeriAnn Wakeman wrote:

>> why  do you want to commute in a TR4?
>
> Why not if he wishes to.  Not everyone is a total wuss  Depending upon
> the weather my commute car has been either the TR3A or Land Rover
> Dormobile for the last 19 years.  Works for me.

I didn't mean that as a challenge. I was more interested in Robert's
goals. For years both my wife and I have commuted in 30-40 year old
cars, but it's not a good fit for every situation. I commuted sun or
snow for four years in my own TR4 until I stopped working to take care
of my Mom with Alzheimers. Now I 'work' part time from home so all my TR
driving is for fun or errands. Before the TR4 I had a couple years in a
30 year old BMW, then a few years in an unheated CJ5, then five years on
a bicycle year-round in D.C.

Anyway Robert said he planned to commute in the car 2-3 days a week; I
guessed he'd choose the nice days. ;) I have to admit that now that I
have a 40 year old Volvo wagon with a great heater, I don't drive my
Triumph in snow. And I used to put the top up whenever the morning
temperature was below freezing -- now I take the Volvo. Call me a wuss.
Maybe I should move to New Mexico, I hear it's nice. :)

--
Steven Newell
Littleton, CO