RE: Guages

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Guages
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 10:10:49 -0800
> See the TR4 wiring
> diagram in order
> to make the necessary wiring enhancements with the voltage
> stabillizer and
> sensor.

Basically, mount the stabilizer somewhere so the case is grounded.  Run a
wire from it's input (which I think is marked with a B) to a green wire
somewhere (like on the fuel gauge), and a wire from the output (marked with
I) to the new temp gauge (either terminal).  Another wire from the other
terminal on the temp gauge to the sender, and you're done.

ISTR there's some reason the late "shrouded" movements don't work well with
the early unshrouded faces, but I could be mistaken about that.  To my eye,
the shrouded gauges don't look all that bad next to original TR3 gauges
(which don't match very well anyway) .

Randall