RE: Guages

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Guages
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 18:19:16 -0800
> Question:  It would be nice for guages to match.  Is there a
> technical reason
> why substituting SunPro for all the center console guages isn't
> feasible?  The
> look isn't that far off.

Two things off-hand :

1) Not all SunPro gauges match ... if you order from JCW there's a good
chance you'll be unhappy with what you get.

2) I think it's unlikely you'll find a SunPro that will work with the
original TR3 fuel sender.  Or a matching sender that will "bolt in" to the
TR3 tank.

One other suggestion, you might consider an early TR4 electrical temp gauge.
They look identical, and can frequently be found used for more reasonable
prices.  Probably not $17.99, but maybe $25 or $30 on eBay.  They're more
rugged than the TR3 gauge, IMO.  You'll also need a matching sender &
voltage stabilizer, and some simple wiring changes.

Randall