Birthdays

To: Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Birthdays
From: Scott Tilton <sdtilton@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2005 12:48:24 -0800 (PST)
In a previous e-mail I said:

>In 2002, I had owned my Triumph for half of my life.
>In 2009, I will have owned my Triumph for half of its life.
Is that enough information to figure out our ages?

And then Geo replied.

I don't think it is.  The TR could be a '59 and you're 36, or the TR
could be a '61 and you're 34, or it's a '75 and you're 20, or it's an
'81 and you're 14...

I typed back and forth with Geo a little bit.
He's right.  I didn't give enough infomation for one single answer.
(although it appears as if he still had a calcuation error in there somewhere)
I gave him another hint and he got it right away.

In 2002, I had owned my OLDER Triumph for half of my life.
In 2009, I will have owned my OLDER Triumph for half of its life.
As of 2005, my newest Triumph and I have shared 1/7th of our lives together.
We (the new TR and me) won't reach the 1/2 a lifetime together mark until 2030.

Scott Tilton
19?? TR?
19?? TR?