Re: Newbie Questions

To: "Mark" <mini@nashvilletn.org>, "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Newbie Questions
From: "Kurtis" <tr4driver@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 19:18:53 -0600
Welcome aboard Mark!

> Well a TR4A followed me home Saturday.  It needs a few attentions so I
> thought I would query the list.

You know, if you don't feed it, it may go ahead and leave... :)

> Oil Filters, Does anybody know the part number for the filter used with
> the Moss Spin-Off filter adapter?  The one on the car is painted and I
> can't see the number.

I can't swear that mine is from Moss; however, it uses a Napa Gold 1034 or a
Fram PH2870A.  You could probably use these numbers to cross reference
others.

> Spark Plugs, What is the choice these days, since original part numbers
> are long gone?  Mild Cam, headers, pair of HS6's, lots of compression.

I believe the standard spark plug is a Champion L87YC (that's what's in my
TR4 right now anyway).  The Champion website lists a RL87YC for a TR4 and
TR4A.  I'm not smart enough to figure out what the R means. :)

> It still does diesel a little but I made it one flat richer and it helped
> quite a lot.

What's your idle set at?  Too high of an idle will cause a bit of dieseling
as well.

Good luck!

Kurtis Jones
Russellville, Arkansas