Re: Personalized Plates

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Personalized Plates
From: TRsick@aol.com
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 11:27:53 EST
I have a 76 TR6. A couple of years ago, I was at home on the computer
looking at the Mass. RMV web site for available "vanity" plates. I was getting
frustrated trying every combination to get some plate that meant something to
the
TR6. I tried...
TR6 - taken
TRSIX - taken
TRSIXX - taken
TR6 76 - taken
76 TR6 - not allowed to have a digit start a vanity plate in Mass.
    My wife walked by & could see I was frustrated  & asked what I was up
too. I told her what I was trying to do, she say's to  me "Your TR SICK!" I
tried
that on the Mass RMV, it.was available!  So I  got "TR SICK" for my plate.
FYI, vanity plates in Mass  cost $80.00 per calendar year.
    Funny thing, I was a car show a year ago, a father  & young son walk by &
check out my car, the son comments to his  father about the "weird" plate?
The father say's to his son "The owner probaly  has a lot of trouble with the
car. British cars are always sick"!
    Go figure?
    Bob Greene
Cape Cod British Car Club