RE: TR3 Engine Stutter

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR3 Engine Stutter
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2005 11:07:43 -0800
> For the first ten minutes or so that the engine runs it will
> stutter or even die when revved.

How much choke do you have applied, and what is the outside temperature ?

Someone already mentioned dashpot oil ... heavier oil will provide richer
mixture when you first open the throttle.  IMO 3-in-1 is too thin for best
throttle response, unless you've tuned the carbs really rich.

>  Fuel restriction ?  Timing Advance ?
> Vacuum Leak ?

IMO, none of those are likely culprits.  If the engine starts and idles from
cold with no choke, I'd suspect worn needles and jets.  If you are using the
choke, I'd be looking at the choke synchronization.

Randall