RE: TR3 Engine Stutter

To: "Triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR3 Engine Stutter
From: "Jim Muller" <jimmuller@pop.mail.rcn.net>
Date: Fri, 04 Mar 2005 23:14:43 -0500
On 4 Mar 2005 at 18:56, Randall wrote:

> > Don't know if
> > they are fully optimized but I don't have many options.
> Huh ? ...you should have a dizzying array of options.
>
> Out of curiosity, what are you running now ?

I'm running what Joe Curto recommended.  "Yellow" springs, and the
needles are AAA, I believe.  I got the impression from Joe that there
were only a few spring options and that the yellow version was the
one originally specified for the Triumph2000 engine.  The needles are
for .090 jets, IIRC, and according to the SU needle program someone
sent me they are about as thin as I can get.  The car came with AAE
IIRC, which is quite a bit thicker.  There seems to be no rhyme or
reason to their naming.  I had tried a different choice, which my
memory says was AAB (they're out in the garage and I'm not going to
go out and dig them up just now!) but they didn't help with the new
springs.  When I described the behhavior to Joe he immediately said
AAA (again, assuming I remember them correctly), end of discussion.
Which is why I said I had few options.

--
Jim Muller
jimmuller@rcn.com