RE: TR3 Engine Stutter

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: TR3 Engine Stutter
From: CarlSereda@aol.com
Date: Sat, 5 Mar 2005 12:49:21 EST
It's been recommended by those in the know to use the '3-in-1' BLUE can
(20wt)
- NOT the RED can (10wt).

The TR4/4A factory lube chart for carburettor dashpots (Strombergs and SUs)
recommends using straight 20wt in winter and straight 30wt in summer.

Carl

You should make sure your carb dashpots both have oil in them.  I have had
similar symptoms in the past and this was the cause.  The oil should be of
the correct weight, also.  Engine oil should be OK, but I have found that
mine work best with "3-in-1" household lube oil.