RE: grease seal replacement?

To: "triumph list" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: grease seal replacement?
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2005 18:49:11 -0800
> I wish to replace the trunnion grease seal located between the
> trunnion and
> the vertical link.  Is there any problem in seperating these two
> parts with a
> hammer and screwdriver (after other necessary bolts have been removed)??

Paul, you just wouldn't believe the mental image that conjures up !

Have I mentioned that you really should  have a shop manual ?

Considering that the vertical link is threaded into the trunnion, and it's
these threads that hold the entire weight of the front of the car ... it
might be just a bit difficult to separate them with a hammer and
screwdriver.

The good news is that after you've got everything else out of the way
(including the spring pan ... you DO have a proper spring compressor, right
?), the trunnion just unscrews from the link.  Lot of work just to replace
that stupid seal, though ...

Randall