Re: grease seal replacement?

To: Paul Dorsey <dorpaul@negia.net>
Subject: Re: grease seal replacement?
From: Don Malling <dmallin@attglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 04 Mar 2005 23:45:42 -0500
Hi Paul,

You might want to consider replacing the trunions after you have it apart. If
the TR3A trunion is
similar to the TR250/TR6 trunions, they are brass and wear. My TR250 only had
60K miles and I could
notice a slight looseness in the trunion and vertical link after I had it apart
and cleaned the
grease out of it. I bought new ones from TRF and they fit very nicely. No
looseness even dry.

I would advise doing one side at a time, because it wasn't obvious, at least
not to me, how far to
turn the trunion on. I compared the new side to the old other side (still
assembled) when I did
mine. I think there are lots of other reasons to only do one side at a time --
at least the first
time around.

Don Malling