Was lead...now brazing

To: FGFO1@aol.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Was lead...now brazing
From: LaJoMor@aol.com
Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2005 18:21:35 EST
Frank...

My old Model A Ford (are you there Fred??) had all four fenders repaired at
the top arch of each. They were brazed, then ground down. You couldn't see the
repair until I stripped it to repaint.

I think brazing was (is) a common method for repairing this type of crack. I
am no expert here on any type of welding but this process worked very well is
this application. I believe brazing is done with common acetylene equipment. I
think the material used for brazing melts at a different temp than the steel,
seemingly making it a better fix than trying to weld steel with steel, so to
speak. I am sure there are others on the list that can give you more and
better details...or...do a Google search. A lot of info comes up with that
approach. Just type in 'brazing'.

Larry M
CD5182L