TR3 valve adjustment

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR3 valve adjustment
From: Harlyred1@aol.com
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 16:52:05 EST
I've got the front seal, timing cover, hub, fan etc all back on in the
correct order. I figure now is just as good a time as any to do a valve
adjustment. This is a first for me. I'm reading the manual, but I have as
always
managed to confuse myself. The book says to turn the engine until the valves of
 any
cylinder are at the "point of rock" Now in my way of thinking, is this  the
same as "balanced"? If I am at No 1 cyl TDC ( i.e. timing marks lined  up at
the point on the timing cover), is No1 cyl at "point of rock" ? And to  take it
further, should I now be able to slide a ..010 feeler through the top of  both
inlet and exhaust valves? Can I also do no4 at this point? And then rotate
the engine till 2 and 3 are at point of rock? As always thanks in advance.

Terry
Hampton Bays NY and running out of days