Re: TR3A tires

To: ahwahnee@cybertrails.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR3A tires
From: BearTranserv@aol.com
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 18:20:01 EST
In a message dated 3/28/2005 4:05:46 P.M. Mountain Standard Time,
ahwahnee@cybertrails.com writes:

It turns  out that
>  Cooper has just discontinued making this  size.

That squares with what I was told when I was shopping for  them about a
month ago.  I found a dealer with 4 and there are  probably many more
still on hand in warehouses and dealers rack for awhile  longer -- then
they go the way of Michelin XZX & Dunlop  SP20.

Just one small warning about buying discontinued tires.  My cousin in  Dallas
bought tires from Discount Tire, and a couple of years down the road when  he
took one back for a problem, they told him the date code on the tire showed
it was 7 years old and thus out of warranty!  Even though he had the  receipt
for buying them at the Discount Tire store, they refused to warranty the
problem.

Robert B.  Houston
Texan in New Mexico

63 TR4
73 MG Midget
94 F150
03  Beetle

To model our political system upon speculations of  lasting tranquility, is
to calculate on the weaker springs of the human  character.
---Alexander  Hamilton