TR3A tires

Subject: TR3A tires
From: "Mo and Dave MacKay" <m.d.mackay@sympatico.ca>
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 17:01:20 -0500
Last month I asked the advice of the list about tires for my TR3A. Two
brands were mentioned repeatedly: Cooper Sportmaster GLT and
Kumho Powerstar 758. The closest-to-original size modern tire would
be 165R15.

I have had no luck in sourcing these tires:
- The Kumho ones apparently aren't distributed in Canada.
- I called Cooper's 1-800 number because what my local dealer couldn't
  source what Cooper was showing on their web site. It turns out that
  Cooper has just discontinued making this size.

I though that some listers might be interested in the news about Cooper.

I have found 165R15 tires from Vredestein (expensive), Coker (expensive),
and some no-name brands (RoadKing and Signet).

Regards,

Dave MacKay
TR3A s/n 68639L(O)
near Toronto, Canada