Re: A/C hoses / Concours

To: lmtr4a@ctlnet.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: A/C hoses / Concours
From: Dave1massey@cs.com
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 15:30:29 EDT
In a message dated 6/15/2005 1:27:14 PM Central Standard Time,
lmtr4a@ctlnet.com writes:
> The "who knows" brings up a point that makes counting points at VTR
> Concours
> most futile.  VTR refuses to tell those in Concours where points were lost.
> So in the above example you may loose 2 points or 30 for that infraction but
> you as the contestant will never know.  How can the serious Concours folk
> correct what Darrell and his legions feel is incorrect if the scoring sheets
> are not given to the contestants?
>
> Lou Metelko

Here we go again.  We hash this out every year.

Since the judges are volunteers the staff changes from year to year and what
one guy takes off for an "infraction" will be different from what the last or
next guy does.  And some guys will miss (or don't care about) an item that the
next guy will be very critical in his evaluation.

Handing out score sheets as a guide as to what to fix for next year will be
ultimately frustrating since the following score sheet will include items that
will either not be on the previous score sheet or on there with a minimal
deduct.

As Darrell has pointed out every year since I started this the most important
thing is to select the 1st, 2nd and 3rd car in each class.  This is not
serious concours.  If you want serious concours go to Pebble Beach and pay
their
entry fees.

Dave