Re: A/C hoses / Concours

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: A/C hoses / Concours
From: "Lou Metelko" <lmtr4a@ctlnet.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 13:11:07 -0500
----- Original Message -----

> McGaheyRx@aol.com writes:
> > The only visual difference would be the old hoses were ribbed and newer
> > ones will have a smooth surface.
> >  Since the old hoses should not be used for safety reasons, this should
not
> > be a concours
> >  point deduction - should it?
> >
> >  Jack Mc

> The stock answer is "If accurate replica's (or NOS) parts are available
> points will be deducted if less accurate parts are used." (or words to
that
> effect.)
>
> But it really is up to the individual chief judges (who may be overruled
by
> Darrell).  And since I have not nor will I likely ever judge the Stag
class,
> who knows?
>
> Dave

The "who knows" brings up a point that makes counting points at VTR Concours
most futile.  VTR refuses to tell those in Concours where points were lost.
So in the above example you may loose 2 points or 30 for that infraction but
you as the contestant will never know.  How can the serious Concours folk
correct what Darrell and his legions feel is incorrect if the scoring sheets
are not given to the contestants?

Lou Metelko
Auburn, Indiana