RE: A/C hoses

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: A/C hoses
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 12:24:16 -0700
> If they can source
> new ends and crimp them on (like the originals) then they will
> look pretty much original.

Actually, I've looked at quite a few new crimp-on type ends on-line in the
last couple of days, and none of them bear much resemblance to the old ones.
I don't think there's any way that new hoses are going to pass for original.

>  Since R12 is more or less obsolete

"NOS" R12 is still quite available, for a price.  There's a brisk business
in recycling the stuff, last I heard it sold for about $30/lb (making my
hoard worth quite a bit).  Still, I doubt the Concours rules can be
reasonably extended to operating fluids ... have you ever heard of anyone
getting a deduction for not using the proper brand of engine oil ?

Randall