TR4 Mystery Bolt ID

To: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR4 Mystery Bolt ID
From: "Edward R. Purcell" <epurcel@bellsouth.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2005 15:48:12 -0400
I am very reluctant to ask the list to identify a bolt, however, this is
a very unique bolt.

3/8 UNF X 2" long,  has a smooth rounded head (carriage bolt?), has a
large (fender washer size), thick (3/16") washer welded to the head, and
has a hole in the end for a cotter pin.  Mine had a nyloc nut on it.

This bolt was amongst nuts, washers, etc. left over from a frame
cleaning and painting.  I also rebuilt the suspension which resulted in
the left over nuts.

In addition to where it turned up, it has the oil/dirt grime on it which
indicates it was on the frame somewhere.  All assistance appreciated,
but please do NOT crawl under your TR4 looking for this as I can do that
as a last resort.  I know this a difficult one and if the list is not
fruitful I will still hold all of you in high regard.

Ed Purcell
Clinton, TN