Electric fan thermostat part number

To: "6pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Electric fan thermostat part number
From: "R. Ashford Little II" <70TR6@mindspring.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2005 12:51:47 -0400
OK, I'm now back to fiddling with my car and have been attempting to track
down a thermostat for the fan.  The article that Shane wrote mentions a BMW
part number, however, the number in the article is not valid or BMW changed
the way they numbered things.  This leaves me not knowing what vehicle this
came off of.

NAPA did list the part, under their part number, but it is now a special
order item.  I don't know how often something like this would fail, but
would prefer the part to be an off the shelf item.

So, all you guys running electric fans on their TR6's or whatever, what did
you use as a screw-in thermostat, that operates between 180-185F?

Now back to removing my cylinder head.

Thanks,

R. Ashford Little II

'70 TR6 <http://www.ralittle2.com/>