RE: Electric fan thermostat part number

To: <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Electric fan thermostat part number
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2005 08:11:09 -0700
> Am I missing something? Why not just install a SPST switch under the dash or
> in some unobtrusive place that will control the fan? You can turn it on when
> the temp gauge gets too high. Or turn it on when anticipating high coolant
> temps. Worked fine in my old TR3.

I can't speak for Ashford of course, but I drove my TR3A that way for many years
and hated it.  I was forever either forgetting to turn the fan on, or turn it
off afterwards.

Of course, it depends a lot on your usage.  I'm never all that wide awake
driving to/from work, and there's enough traffic that I might have to turn the
fan on & off 5 or 6 times each way.

Randall