Re: TR3A Flasher Lamp Assembly

To: tr3driver@comcast.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR3A Flasher Lamp Assembly
From: Dave1massey@cs.com
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2005 13:07:38 EDT
In a message dated 6/19/2005 9:58:54 AM Central Standard Time,
tr3driver@comcast.net writes:
> First of all, the ring does not retain the glass, it's just for looks.

I disagree.

  The> glass should be held directly by the rubber.

Exactly.  The glass goes in the inner groove, the chrome ring goes in the
outer ring and firms up the rubber holding the glass in position.  You can't
get
the glass out without first removing the chrome ring but once the chrome ring
is out the glass comes out rather easily.  The chrome ring "locks" the glass
into place.  To say that the chrome is only for looks is to suggest that one
could omit it.  I would not advise that.

Dave